Statement: Citizens will not be able to provide input to the General Plan after 12/31/2020.
Fact: Citizen input is state-mandated through the in-process citizen’s review committee and subsequent phases through 2021.
· The Citizen Review Committee (CRC) began reviewing the draft 2035 General Plan in April 2020 for strengths, weaknesses and new content that is relevant today.
· The content to be discussed is released the week before each CRC’s meeting; see here for the schedule through 2020.
· State statutes requiring public participation will be followed in all steps throughout the process.
· Citizens may send in comments online prior to the meeting and as of Oct. 12 are able to call in during the meeting.
· The final 2035 draft plan will make its way through a six-month state required public hearing process that includes extensive public involvement along with multiple Planning Commission and City Council hearings.
· The General Plan is expected to go before the City Council for adoption in June 2021.
· Per state statute, once the City Council adopts it, the General Plan must be placed on the next regular ballot to be ratified by the voters.
· Should City Council adopt the Plan in June 2021, the next regular ballot would be November 2021.
Get more news like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting news and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing. Here is last newsletter you missed. Now you are all caught up.
Something went wrong.