Statement: Volunteers are unable to apply for a seat on Scottsdale’s boards and commissions.
Fact: Though the Citywide Volunteer Program is currently suspended for health and welfare reasons due to the pandemic, the application process is active and openings are available.
- There are 20 boards and commission and seven other ad hoc committees that are sourced through the city’s application process.
- The process starts with completing an application that will be forwarded to City Council.
- The City Council nominates candidates from the resident applications submitted; at a subsequent Council meeting, candidate answers to three questions are reviewed and those who get the most votes are appointed.
- By the end of October there will be new appointments to over 15 boards and commissions; some may be appointed to a second term. .
- There are additional vacancies; applications must be received by Oct. 30.
- Ethics training is required for all new appointees and annually for each appointed commissioner.
Get more news like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting news and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing. Here is last newsletter you missed. Now you are all caught up.
Something went wrong.