Statement: The voter-approved Bond 2019 multi-use sports fields project in the Bell Road area has not started.
Fact: The multi-use sports fields project began in April 2020 and is underway.
- This multi-phase, multi-phased project started in April 2020 when the City Council hired a design consultant to begin evaluating the field locations and provide options for each site for the first phase.
- Although design work is underway, land acquisition is needed to complete the full project.
- Up to 13 full-sized multi-use sports fields will be built along the Bell Road Corridor to meet the increased demand for lighted sports fields in the community, create the ability for Scottsdale to host larger tournaments and increase revenue.
- These sports fields will be used as parking for special events for a few weeks each year to replace temporary parking lots on Arizona state land that will become unavailable as the land is sold.
- In the initial phase, design work is 30 percent complete for both seven of the multi-use fields and the creation of a lake at the city-owned community park at DC ranch which will use reclaimed water to provide irrigation for this complex.
- Solicitations for construction have been published; one for field construction and one for construction of the offsite irrigation system.
- For more: City of Scottsdale
Get more news like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting news and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing. Here is last newsletter you missed. Now you are all caught up.
Something went wrong.